As I have been re-decorating my bedroom it has come to my attention how expensive exactly it can be! The price tags just keep adding up for the simplest room accent…. That’s when I remembered about my local dollar tree and decided to see what I came across.
Before we get into it lets back-track for a second on what inspired all of this home decorating in the first place. About a year and a half ago I went through some very unfortunate events that caused to move away and lose all of my furniture. At the time I had gone through a domestic abusive situation (yes I am human… If you know me from my youtube or social media accounts you might have some insight on the situation, but we will save that for another post). I had very little money due to the mental trauma and only the support of my single mom and brother. Since then I have worked on myself (mental health first of course), sealed a harassment case, and WALA started my own eyelash company along with youtubing consistently, and I built my makeup artistry clientele. I can proudly say I am in a much better place! Both financially and emotionally.
Now that you know how much it means to me to be able to re-purchase all of my furniture and decorate my bedroom… lets get started!
I LOVE HOME DECOR! That has been a passion of mine since the beginning of my youtube channel. One of my big hits was a DIY canvas video that I recorded in 2014 and it hit over a Million views on youtube. so needless to say I am over joyed at the opportunity to create more home decor content.
DIY Decor Idea #1: FRAMED LUXURY PRINTS
I found these adorable gold frames at Dollar tree! I purchased 4 small frames that are 5×7. and 12 Large 8×10 frames to create the collage wall. So total, I only spent about $18 for the frames.
For the Prints you will need:
• Card stock paper or Photo Paper. I used photo paper I had stashed away at first. All of the 5×7 frames are in photo paper. It only looks a bit glossy. And I used Card stock paper for the rest. Since the prints go behind glass I didn’t feel like it made much difference.
• A Printer. I use an HP Envy 7640 which claims to print photohraphy well. It is an inkjet printer.
• If you do not have a printer already or photo/cardstock paper. I will highlight recommend to print your images using walgreens or office depot! It is extremely affordable.
• You will need to google images of whatever you want to print. You will also need to use microsoft word or photoshop to resize the images to the frame size of your choice. If your frame is larger than 8×10 I highly recommend sending the prints to walgreens unless you have a specialty printer. I have already resized & left some of the prints I used ready for you below <3
• Be sure to change your print settings according to the paper you will be using. So your settings will be either glossy photo paper or Cardstock (matte paper).
Total Cost: $20
DIY Decor Idea #2: PERFUME TRAYS
I found these 2 Trays in the kitchen section at dollar tree and fell in love! they look like antique trays that would normally cost $30 at an antique mall. I used one tray for my perfumes and another for my body sprays and lotions. I guess this doesn’t count as a DIY LOL but more like a cute dollar tree decor idea.
Total cost $2.00
DIY Decor Idea #3 MIRRORED CANDLE BASES AND COASTERS
I found these mirror squares at dollar tree and thought they would be perfect to use as coasters and candle bases. I have all antique furniture so I hate to ruin the surface with a hot candle or a drink so these are the perfect and glamorous way to protect my furniture! The mini candle is also from dollar tree by the way!
Total Cost: $3.00
DIY Decor Idea #4: Designer Books
For these I just found 2 dollar tree books and covered them in white paper then added the chanel and prada logos that I printed on to regular white printer paper. I will post the files already sized for this 1.5″ and 1″ books below.
Total Cost: $2.00
DIY Decor Idea #5: Infinity Roses
SADLY this is not a dollar store DIY… I decided to include this because it was SO INEXPENSIVE to make. I found the flowers on amazon (I will link below).. however I have seen gorgeous roses at dollar tree as well.
You will need:
• A white box. I found mine at hobby lobby for $4. I used a 40% coupon! It was originally $7.
• A ribbon of your choice. I used a Dior ribbon I had from a purchase. You can use any ribbon you would like though.
• A foam Block. I bought mine from hobby lobby for around $3. It was a 2 long blocks and I cut one of them into two pieces to fit inside my box.
• Flowers. I got foam flowers from amazon because I loved the look of them. However you can find roses anywhere just make sure they are small roses. Here are the ones I found on amazon. They were only $15 for 30 roses!
Beautiful thanks Thania
Oh noo… all the prints seem to have disappeared! Right on the very day that I set aside to do this DIY… 🙁
Krystal Ramirez says
Hi Thania I love your decor and was trying to print some of your prints for my room but I can’t seem to download them anymore 🙁 is there anyway you could re-upload them please?
Valencia Hirmiz says
hi Thania, these photos are not available to download. would love to follow your diy video. thanks
Amanda Long says
I love diy projects, especially when you can get the products for super cheap! I love Dollar Tree and Dollar General, those are my favorite places to look for items to diy with! I love things that no one else has, things that are so unique!
Jasmin Alexa Vidales says
I love this idea super cute! I’m definitely going to try this. I can not see the images to print out though but I will search for some thank you!
I am excited to try the flower box diy!